In 1932 when my ancestors took a family reunion photo, they weren’t worried about our generation, as much as they were worried about lunch. However, I am very glad for the time they spared on various photos they took over the years as they’ve become priceless for the whole family.
This summer when there is a get together for family reunions in a place like Bryce Canyon, it is important that you ensure future generations will be able to remember and know you. There are amazing tools that can very easily help us capture, preserve, and sharing memories with the family and future generations.
The following are useful tips and ideas for using stories and photos that may add some flair to reunions. You may try out this in case you have not had the chance of using stories and photos.
General Ideas For Family Reunions at Bryce Canyon in the Digital Age
At any family gathering, you will find several photo related activities that may happen. The following are some of the ideas.
- Taking a group photo-This is a no brainer and for purposes of generations to come, it is important to have everyone captured in the image.
- Photo slideshow-You can set up your television or laptop with a looping slide show of your family members. Get as many people as possible in order to contribute. Ensure that the photos are uploaded to photo sharing sites so family members have access to them afterwards.
- Photo name tags— From every attendee, obtain head shots and for larger events you could even get their ancestral origin by placing a name tag on each photo in order to ensure that everybody remembers their names. Most get-togethers and family reunions are held in locations or other buildings that have Wi-Fi. Other family members may bring along some Internet Hot Spot. Whichever the case is, take advantage of the access if you have it available for you to make progress in documenting your reunion and experiences.
- Photo identification-In order to identify people in the photos you’ve uploaded make certain people not only have the ability to access them, but can tag and annotate them as well. The picture of my family reunion is a great example. I do not know everybody in the photo but the blanks can get filled by working together.
- Recording time- A video recorder together with a hand held digital audio recorder may be used in capturing individuals sharing memories and telling stories which can be cherished and preserved by future generation.
Bryce Canyon is an incredible place to have a family reunion. With just a little foresight you’ll be able to make and save memories for generations to come. The stories and photos of our ancestors may be useful in creating a connection that is useful in bridging generations. And if you’re looking for the perfect family reunion places to stay in Bryce Canyon then Zion Ponderosa Resort just down the road from Bryce